Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Food Blog

 
Lately I've been thinking about the things I write on this blog.  Some are good.  Some are bad.  I just write, I don't have much of a filter.  Part of being a grown up is having a filter.  It's something I need to work on.  Speech is free, yes-- but I've got to be smarter about it.  Maybe.

I was thinking the other day, that I need to "tone it down" a bit on my blog, which sucks, because I think a lot of what I put out there needs to be said.  And if I can't say it on my blog, where can I?  That's one side of the argument.  The other side is that I need to be smart about what I write.  My mom tells me (often) that I shouldn't be writing half of the stuff I write on here.  I communicate through writing... it clears my head, mends my heart, makes shit meaningful and puts it context.  I suppose that is what a journal is for though.

Yesterday I thought to myself, maybe I should change ashamarie.com to a food and music blog.  Food and music can be non-political.  Well...music can be really political, but it won't get me in trouble like some of my writing will.  And food, well, access to food is political, and food itself is political...but taking pictures of food, I could do that.  

Here's the problem though.... I don't eat enough to do a food blog.  I was telling a friend about this idea, and she said "Yeah, you could post clementine and mixed nuts for lunch, granola bar and a beer for dinner, etc."  Okay, so maybe it's not that bad...but my friend thought it would be hilarious to have a food blog that wasn't extravagant like so many others are.  Makes sense to me...but we'll see.  

I went to a benefit last night for Ann Marsden at the Dakota.  If you aren't familiar with Ann's work, check her out.  She has an amazing eye, guided by a loving heart.  Anyhow...I didn't order any food, but took pictures of the food my friends ordered.  That's one way to do a food blog I suppose.  I could also start cooking more.  That might be a smarter option.  We'll see.


B's food.  Cell phone photo.

J & J's food.  Cell phone photo.

An offering.  Cell phone photo.

Q's food.  Cell phone photo.



I probably don't need to write "cell phone photo" after each picture I post.  I do that because the quality is so much poorer than with my regular camera.  But...if I start doing more food related entries, chances are I will be documenting with my cell phone quite a bit.  

Regardless, cheers to good friends and good food!

No comments: