Sunday, January 16, 2011

My food blog sucks


I think I'm going to go back to my regular gig here...writing about what's on my mind, not what's in my belly.  

Here though is a picture of breakfast.  I'm going to the gym in a few hours, and need the energy.  It's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on brownberry bread, a shot glass full of blueberries, a glass of soy milk, and a jar of water.  A quick note about milk: I rarely just drink a glass of (soy) milk, or any milk for that matter.  Not sure why I did this morning...I guess my body needed the extra protein.  Oh, and I've been on a blueberry kick the last couple of days.  Talk about a superfood!!

Breakfast

I have a 10k road race coming up in 13 days.  I've almost entirely fallen off the running wagon... so here I am, trying to get back into it.  I ran 4 miles yesterday (on the treadmill at the gym) and felt fine.  I'd like to run a sub 8 pace for this race...which might be a lofty goal considering I've been running once a week for the past several weeks... We'll see how it goes.  It's been hard to run this winter.  I mean sure, I live half a block from the gym, and yes my sister did buy me some yaktrax for my shoes if I choose to run outside... but.... well, there are no buts.  I've just been slackin.  

There's no point in getting down about it though.  I think I would have in the past...but now it's not worth it.  It simply is what it is.  Today is always a good day to start anew.  It's funny, I put this quote up yesterday on facebook.  "Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."- Carol Lloyd.  I think there's a lot of truth to that.  We (people in general) often have ideas of what we want to do, who we want to be... but we get lazy or scared or busy and don't take the time to even begin.  What happened yesterday doesn't matter.  It's what happens today that leads to tomorrow, and I want tomorrow to be better than today.

No comments: