Wednesday, December 3, 2008

heiruspecs, peace bracelets, and the magical runner.



Couple of things to note:

1. Heiruspecs is releasing a record on December 13, at first ave. Mayda, Big Quarters, and DJ Anton will precede them. It will be fun. Be there.

2. I made a peace bracelet with some 4th and 5th graders, while helping out at a school today. There are 5 beads on it (a leather piece of string). Yellow = honesty (to others and yourself). Red = respect (others, yourself, places and spaces). White = sharing (passion, items, hope, time, conversation). Black = Kindness (to others, yourself, intentions, etc). A blue bead holds it all together, which represents peace that starts from within us. I enjoyed doing this little project (twice), because it made me think about the things which I can do that are honest, respectful, open, kind, and peaceful. And it was nice to see some kids in the same mood, really thinking about what all these concepts mean and how to apply them to their own lives.

3. I've been reading a book that forrest recommended to me, many years ago. It's called the magical runner. I recently found it at half price books, and have begun to read it. I like it, as it's (much) more than just running.... it encourages a holistic approach, and helps you be accountable to yourself with your training and follow though. I wish I would have gotten it earlier, but perhaps it is in my life now for a reason. Anyhow, thanks Forrest.

4. I've got a ton of shit to do today, before the wild game. I should probably get on it.

peace,
asha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eons and eons ago, I had a peace bracelet. That's awesome...

Afterparty at 7th street entry. I will suspend my non drinking status until 2am. Shit yeah.