Friday, October 21, 2011

Shoes!!

It's day 21 of the shoe project.  I've gotten some compliments on it, and have taken some heat from it as well.  I'm glad I've kept my word to wear a different pair of shoes everyday this month, but I will also be glad when it is done.  I think I've annoyed some people.  Oh well.

Today I spent about an hour writing what the "ideal asha" looks like and is.  It was good to take that time to reflect.  We all die at some point, and I think it's important to consider how we will be remembered.  I don't want to be remembered as someone who is sad, or lazy, or mean, etc.  I want to be known for being positive, witty, brilliant, loving, athletic, etc.... (I've got a ways to go, I know).  I don't live my life to please others, but lately I've not been living the life I want to live.  Time to make some changes.  

But before I do that, here's the last week or so in shoes.  Bare with me... only 10 more days!



October 14, 2011.  Walking to the co-op.  Photo by Kelly.

October 15, 2011.  After setting a new PR for my 5k.

October 16, 2011.  My grampa's racing flats.

October 17, 2011.

October 18, 2011.  Rental car.

October 19, 2011.  It's getting colder!

October 20, 2011.  My kitchen (and how this project got started).

October 21, 2011.  Photo by Sally at a potluck for brown artists.

I've got hockey practice tomorrow at 7:45am.  I missed the entire fall season with a shoulder injury.  It still hasn't healed, but I'm not resting it like I should be.... therefor, I'll be out on the ice in the morning!  I'm excited to play with a team again.  It's been years since I've played hockey competitively, so I'm looking forward to it.  I'm also just looking forward to meeting new folks, and making new connections.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  Thank you to all those who read the blog; it means a lot to me.

No comments: