Wednesday, March 4, 2009

food.

I've recently been on this kick to eat better food. It's hard cooking (for myself and one other), especially since we both don't like to eat the same things over, and over, and over again.

I went to Kai's boat last week, to get my study on....because sometimes you have to make a big change in scenery when stuck in a studying rut... and we made some lunch. We made pizza, which I think Kai does often, but I had never done before (unless you count english muffins with cheese and pasta sauce a "pizza").

I don't like red sauce, so I used olive oil on mine, and added some prosciutto (which upon buying it at my local co-op realized how crazy expensive it is!), some spinach, some mozzarella, some tomatoes, and a bit of black pepper. All this on top of some dough from Cossettas. Yum!


my pizza!

Cheeky Monkey Deli just opened, a block from my house! Ryan, Jen and I went there the other day for lunch. It was real tasty! Ryan got a nutella and banana sandwich, jen got a chicken and avocado sandwich, and I got a brie and ham sandwhich (on Ciabatta bread). I think our sandwhiches were each 5 dollars, which is great since i saved half of mine for dinner. And the refills on coffee are free! Hooray for a good local deli. I didn't take any pictures, because my little camera is in Hawaii with my boss Emily.

Speaking of work.... I've hurt my back, from guess what? Doing books! Sad. I went to a sports medicine doctor yesterday, who basically said that I need to start lifting weights (or quit my job), because I'm a wimp who can't life boxes of books. The doctor was a pretty serious guy, which is too bad, because I wanted to tell him all the names I made for the knots in my back (hilary, hilda, gregory, and lawrence).

Anyhow, I guess it gives me good reason to get back to the Y. I need to start doing books again (I haven't for the last couple of weeks b/c of my back), so I can stay busy and earn some money. That's all for now, I guess. I've got today to do homework, maybe take some pictures (with my "big" camera), and eventually go to the Y... sounds like a decent day. May yours be as well.

No comments: