Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peep Show


 So.... I went to Guatemala 3 weeks ago.  I took about 700 photos, and am just now beginning to go through them.  It's a big task-- for a few reasons. 

1. I don't have time.
2. Guatemala is beautiful
3. I want these photos to go beyond beautiful
4. I'm an imperfect perfectionist
5. I am "late" for work


Here are a few photos I messed with this morning.  More will follow...but I don't know when.

Christopher walking down the volcano

Gallo truck

Carne

Santos-- my favorite dude the whole trip!

Don Angel y Ebony
 Santos and Ebony are two of Angel's kids.  He had a few others, plus a wife, who were all present as we helped them build their new house.  Their original house (one room + a kitchen) was made out of cornstalks.  Their new house was made with cement. 

More photos soon....consider this a preview.  PS photos look better if you click on them.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos! I love guatemala! I was there about 10 yrs ago!! Why did you go? Just for vacation? Id love to go back!!!