Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What a good day looks like

I had a pretty good day today. Here's what it looked like.

7am. Woke up an hour before my alarm went off.
8am. Ate a bowl of cereal, in bed.
9am. Walked to work.
9:05am. Worked.
12:15pm. Walked to the co-op and back to work.
12:45pm. Ate and did a crossword.
1pm. Worked. Hard.
4:30pm. Walked home from work.
5pm. Ran 3.5 miles at the gym.
6pm. Showered. Ate.
7pm. Crossword puzzle. Burned some sage. Sat in front of a space heater.

It's now 9:03pm. I'm tempted to start watching "Born Into Brothels", which is my movie of the moment compliments of Netflix. A glass of bourbon sounds good too. I may opt out of both however, do some stretching and go to bed early. Perhaps I will lay in bed and read for a while. I'm not sure yet.

Things are kind of funky in my life right now... I'm seeing a lot of chaos around me. It's hard to watch. When I was at the gym tonight, everything smelled so strong. And granted, it's the gym and things are going to smell...but every different smell there was so distinct and powerful. It was overwhelming. My senses, both smell and spacial are really sensitive right now. I'm feeling things much more acutely. In a way it's kind of cool.... being so aware of things. In another way however, it's kind of annoying. Sometimes, I just want to walk through the world untouched, unaware. You know?

I suppose when it comes down to it...I embrace these heightened awareness. I think it's better that way. I could be wrong, but I don't care. I'm gonna go with it.

1 comment:

Greg Laden said...

I find the senses heighten at the change of seasons. That is sort of happening now.

I don't think you should eat your crossword puzzle, though.